" Germans in the history of St.-Petersburg ". In Berlin on Thursday opening of an ambulatory exhibition " has taken place; Germans in the history of St.-Petersburg ".
As the correspondent " passes; News " the exposition in the Russian house of a science and culture became " first signs " in the program of actions of 2003 declared " Year of the Russian culture in Germany ".
As it was underlined during exhibition opening, the solemn certificate of start " Year of the Russian culture in Germany " it is planned in Berlin for February, 9th. Presidents of Russia and Germany will take part in it - Vladimir Putin and Johannes Rau, and also German chancellor Gerhard Schroder.
an exposition " Germans in the history of St.-Petersburg " which was already shown before in Dresden, created with the assistance of more than ten Russian museums and archives. It covers the period from the city basis on Neva and till 1917.
The First Germans have appeared here already at the very beginning of 18 - go centuries, after all Peter the Great willingly invited experts of different directions, creating 4 them favorable conditions. Gradually in St.-Petersburg there was numerous and raznolikaja a German colony: its representatives could be met in all social classes - from the druggist B4 the minister, including and the Russian empress Catherine II/ Great/.
the contribution of Germans to development on coast of Neva of trade, crafts, sciences, public health services, education and culture Is conclusive. On the statistican, by the end 18 - go centuries in St.-Petersburg lived 10 tys the Germans making 8 percents of the population of Russian capital of that time and if to consider on a broader scale foreigners the share of Germans among them reached B4 40 percents
In 1869 a share of teachers - Germans in high schools of Petersburg made 9,3 percents, at high schools - 25 percents, and among house teachers reached 29 percents Almost 40 percents of all teachers of music and singing on coast of Neva were the German blood.
in St.-Petersburg lived and Germans - large industrialists, bankers and scientists worked. So, BRO Siemens have left ABT themselves memory a lining in 1853 of a diving cable line between Petersburg and Oranienbaum W a by-pass branch to Kronstadt. The same year they had been constructed a line of underground telegraph the Winter palace - Gatchina.
the factory of grand pianos based in 1841 of Bekker " modestly, but W worthiness " and, BTW, as the full basis on that, was called as " the supplier of a court yard of Their Majesties: the emperor All-Russia, the emperor Austrian, the king of Sweden and the king of Denmark ".