Blue, i.e. an ecological theme — the favourite fad itBlue, i.e. an ecological theme — the favourite fad of German motor-car manufacturers. « everyone can bring the contribution to environment protection » — under such motto new marketing campaign of the stamp of Volkswagen &mdash starts; Think Blue.
On the one hand, it connects the past with the future, appealing to advertising slogan Think small, accompanying triumphal procession of model Beetle in 60th years of the last century. With another, it is not limited to demonstration of own achievements of the company: it « educational » the component can appear useful to the owner of the car of any stamp.
the driver can affect blowouts and fuel consumption not less, than the design engineer. The main thing — to observe simple rules which we offer readers in a summary.
1. « Trample » Gas pedals, never-ending evolutions from a number abreast, braking and dispersals — these and other receptions of aggressive driving not only are harmful to nervous system (the and associates), but also are ruinous: each sharp maneuver demands additional fuel consumption, frequently the considerable. Today in a fashion smooth, uniform movement with the maximum use of a loading skid without unjustified passings. In such stream drivers strain less and are tired. Besides the probability of passing crashes decreases. Win all. Drivers save up health and money, the nature suffers from exhaust gases less.
2. Switching drives earlier, you will call in on refuelling later. Movement at low turns harms to the engine? A popular myth! Modern engines TDI and TSI love the third drive at 30 km/h, they develop an amazing twisting moment since 2000 mines-1.
Got under way from a place, pass to the second drive, hardly the car passes the distance equal to its length. In compliance with a situation on road separate intermediate drives can be passed. In a stream always move on as much as possible high drive. Very many modern cars allow to hold 50 km/h on the fifth. While the engine works exactly and the acoustic comfort is provided, drive is not too high. The motor &mdash more silently works; fuel is less spent.
and how to be, if a box — the automatic machine? Avoid kik-dauna, for a second remove a foot from an accelerator pedal. The automatic machine will be switched upwards and saves your fuel. By the way, automatic transmission DSG from Volkswagen does it: it defines the ideal moment of switching and in comparison with traditional AKP saves to 20 % of fuel. Certainly, automatically.
3. Use inertia — move a loading skid. Especially if it is necessary to slow down. The mode of compulsory idle running reducing instant fuel consumption practically to zero is very useful also.
but be careful. It is impossible to disturb to other participants of movement. On too abrupt descents there is a danger to overheat a brake.
4. it is necessary to pay For comfort, the Same air conditioner at small speed of movement for 100 km eats 2 additional litres of fuel. But this gluttonous device can be helped. Before landing in the heated interior open on pair minutes all doors. The trips of a window opened on the first kilometres also help « to blow » heat from the car.
preheaters of seats, glasses and mirrors demand energy. Do not force them to work longer, than it is necessary.
During a trip regularly check, what consumers are engaged, and disconnect the unnecessary. Your purse will be grateful to you.
5. Start to save to a trip. Regularly check air pressure in tyres: their resistance kacheniju can make to 15 % of all losses of energy. If you pump in tyres to the pressure corresponding to a maximum weight load, resistance kacheniju decreases, fuel consumption decreases. The recommended pressure usually is underlined from within covers of a refuelling mouth.
at purchase of new tyres choose power saving up: they allow to save to 3 % of fuel and, besides rustle less. Buyers of new cars about it can does not worry: responsible motor-car manufacturers choose tyres with the minimum resistance kacheniju.
6. Avoid short journeys. Not heated-up engine consumes to 30 l on 100 km. Whenever possible plan the affairs so that instead of several short to make one long trip with several short stops. It is extremely undesirable to warm up the motor prior to the beginning of movement. In a number of the countries it besides is forbidden by the law. It is necessary to get under way at once after the engine begins to work more or less steadily. Under reasonable, not too big loading it gets warm faster and more safely. « running on the spot » it is technically unjustified and economically prodigal.
7. Nevertheless at start of the cold engine deterioration really takes place. It is connected, first of all, by that oil cannot get to all rubbing steams instantly. The more dense oil, the more slowly it is pumped over on ports, that will longer observe oil starvation. The lubricant lack calls additional mechanical losses. And it is superfluous fuel consumption.
but also in the presence of oil energy consumption (read fuel) on it prokachivanie on the lubricating system is inevitable. It will be that more than more dense oil. New power saving up oils with low viscosity give fuel economy to 5 % in comparison with traditional oils. Malovjazkie oils approach for modern motors of Volkswagen. About applicability in engines of other stamps it is possible to specify in factory maintenance manuals.
8. Designers and designers try to give to the car the most perfect aerodynamic forms: with growth of speed windage becomes the main thing « an obstacle » on a way.
luggage compartments and boksy on a roof can bring to nothing all diligence of engineers. At the growth of aerodynamic resistance called « accessories » on 33 % fuel consumption for the speed of 160 km/h increases on 2 l/100 of km. The told does not mean that luggage compartments on a roof should be forbidden. Simply to put them it is necessary only if necessary and to remove right after uses.
9. Cargo hauling — it is work. Transportation of unnecessary cargo — work senseless. On transportation of 100 superfluous kg on 100 km than 0,3 l of fuel is required not less. Interior and luggage compartment inspection should be spent regularly. And to spread all superfluous.