How to make public transport in Moscow fast, comfortable and inexpensive
« has tried to find out, a leah really to make capital ground transport comfortable, fast and inexpensive.
- buses « mosgortransa » are noncompetitive in relation to private transport. The enterprise economy in a depressing status also is similar to any social security, - was indignant during last detour the capital town governor.
also has explained that about 60 % of the income of the enterprise is indemnification from the budget for transportation of exempts.
It turns out that our buses, trolley buses and trams transport basically those who... Does not pay. And passengers with money prefer more comfortable and fast minibuses.
SLOWLY And EXPENSIVELY
Usually I go by the underground, but for the sake of experiment have decided to reach work « by the ground ». As the bus ¹ 72 and a minibus with the same number go from my house almost before edition. I come in the morning on a stop. I wait on a frost. Minibuses fly by through three - five minutes, and the bus is not observed. No schedule at a stop is present. Phone numbers on which it is possible to call and ask, a leah will be the bus, - too it is not visible anywhere...
Aha, in any 15 minutes approaches! The frozen passengers crowd before validatorom, the bus costs. While I fairly buy the ticket from the driver, two young men, having bent down, with a snicker climb through under « a slingshot ». The young woman puts to validatoru a social map of the Muscovite with obvious not the photo. And there and then - having put once again - lets in through a turnstile the girlfriend.
Have got under way. In the bus cold though the oven like works. The driver brakes and opens doors at each stop even if it empty and passengers on an exit are not present. We are overtaken continually by brisk minibuses. The bus is dragged strictly on the right strip on which to us constantly come across that the truck, any slow mover. Many passengers come into salon or having dived under a slingshot, or closely having nestled to each other - to deceive validator. The freebie prospers!
the majority of passengers - pensioners, at them journey free. And on hares the driver - an attention zero. Controllers it is not visible.
Having driven 22 stops for 40 minutes, I have frozen and was tired.
a conclusion idle time: the most part of passengers of buses - exempts and free riders. Both those and others will go anyway. A leah it is necessary to be surprised, what buses go so slowly and seldom? After all for passengers it it is not necessary to struggle. A leah
It is possible to break a situation? We have interrogated experts.
EXEMPTS - to DIVIDE
- it is time to Private carriers to allow to transport exempts, and expenses (as « mosgortransu ») To compensate from gorbjudzheta, - Victoria Gerami considers zavkafedroj logistics MADI. - Then there will be a competition and the state carrier will be simply urged to improve quality of service. The second: to change system of transportations. Look: during interpeak time « mosgortrans » drives almost empty buses, reeling up losses! And it is necessary to start up buses of small capacity. They more manevrenny so, take place a route faster, can make more flights. Besides spend much less gasoline. As a result yield not a loss, and the income!
professor Gerami also advises to clean validatory from salon.
- they do not rescue from hares, but landing strongly detain, the bus costs, though should go. In civilised countries for a long time already there were stops - pavilions. You buy the ticket on an input, pass through validator on landing mini - a platform and wait for the bus. And when it approaches - sit down without any delays. As in an electric train. It is convenient and comfortable.
to CHANGE PSYCHOLOGY of the DRIVER
- It is necessary to change psychology of the driver, - Boris Loran, the head of a group of companies « considers; Russian bus lines ». - for this purpose its salary should be divided on okladnuju and bonus parts. The size of the bonus should depend on quantity of the transported passengers. Then he and the running up passenger will wait, and names of stops will declare. Begins to watch, that hares did not go. For example, will do announcements: « Get tickets, for lines control » works;.
Besides, Boris Loran offers « mosgortransu » to optimise expenses.
- at bus fleets - huge territories and repair zones which will be involved far not on 100 %, - the businessman explains. - why a part from them not to lease? And razvorotnye platforms at final stops? And stops? Strange business: them contains « mosgortrans » and use all! So can be, distribute expenses on their maintenance between state and commercial carriers?
and still Boris Loran suggests to unify a motor car park.
- look at buses - they of different stamps. And should be identical. Then spare parts can be bought larger wholesale, and leaves cheaper. Plus it is possible to reduce maintenance service - so much people for purchase of accessories already simply are not required. Still I would adhere motor car parks to district. After all quite often happens that buses are based in one disctrict of the city, and routes lie absolutely in other. Here to you unnecessary expenditure of fuel, here the empty buses going by stops in park.
Dmitry Lesnjak, the representative of the Society of protection of the rights of consumers « Public control » considers that « mosgortrans » it is time to privatise.
- the state not the most effective proprietor. The Moscow motor car parks need to be made private - as experience of reorganisation GUPov in Moscow and the country is. And the private trader will make everything to involve passengers. Another matter that the blocking share holding should be at the mayoralty. Then there is a guarantee that the new proprietor will not leave from the market, having handed over, say, motor car parks under warehouses.
you GIVE the MONTHLY CARD!
- In civilised countries approximately 10 % of city carriers state, and 90 % - private, - the supervisor of studies of scientific research institute of transport and a road economy Michael Blinkin agrees. - And I suggest to repeat the western experiment. There in each megacity the uniform service of routes and the schedule operates. This service employs carriers and pays it business hours on a route. The ticket for all types of transport one: the bus, the underground, a tram, even the ferry! For ground transport strips are allocated. And by buses it is possible quickly and with comfort to call in those quarters cities where you will not go by the car. Why? Because for private cars paid entrance or parking cost it is very high. Here all also change to buses.
- and how to cope with free riders?
- It is possible to go by the way of small European cities where conductors till now were saved. It is possible to go by the way of megacities. The input in transport free, the ticket uniform, and free riders is caught by controllers. It is a lot of them, and penalties - huge.
- and what to do with exempts?
- Privileges it is necessary monetizirovat. That is to grant it is not right free journey, and money. You want - poezzhaj on them in the bus, you want - on a minibus. You want - on foot go, you will save. And not limited privileges are time for cancelling. As on social maps of the Muscovite often go not only exempts, but also all their relatives. And the city budget pays, pays, pays...
- a leah it is possible to force to change motorists on public transport?
- It is possible not to force, and to convince. In Brazil, for example, employers oblige to buy for workers travel cards on public transport. Plus is done for it by the allocated strips that the same buses went quickly. And here the person has a choice: quickly and free of charge to reach by the bus or long to burn down gasoline in stoppers. And many make a choice in favour of public transport.
the INQUIRY «»
« mosgortrans » - the state unitary enterprise uniting of some tens of bus and trolleybus parks, and also tram depots. In them work about 40 thousand persons. For a year the enterprise is transported an order of 1,7 billion by person, carrying out 35 % of total amount of passenger transportations in Moscow.
And you that think?