“ Russia should not pay for the introductory ticket in the WTO “Today in Geneva the next session of working group on joining of Russia to the WTO begins. In June Herman Gref has promised that negotiations about it will be finished in 2004. As has found out an observer PETER - netreba, the chairman of board of directors of Open Society “ Severstal “ ALEXEY MORDASHOV who in RSPP is responsible for joining to the WTO, any sensation in words of the head of Ministry of economic development and trade has not found out.
- in the beginning of year the assistant to the head of Ministry of economic development and trade Maxim Medvedkov recognised that accession to WTO is postponed without day. In June, on celebrating 300 - letija Petersburg Herman Gref has suddenly promised to finish negotiations in 2004. Whether it means, what positions which were protected by mister Medvedkov, will be handed over?
- What to hand over to ask Herman Gref better. I only the representative of business who tries to provide interests of this business in negotiating process. As to the question I do not see any acceleration. Active negotiations have begun in 2000. Now we speak about the introduction of Russia in 2004 or 2005. Therefore no acceleration is present. As early as a year two negotiations is slow enough process.
Besides, I many times repeated that the in itself approach providing that Russia should pay for the introductory ticket in the WTO, is incorrect. Russia should not to pay for any ticket. Joining to the WTO is equally favourable both Russia, and to members of this organisation. All of us, finally, agree that the transparent mode, without trading barriers which promotes growth of the present competition is necessary. But it is thus obvious that we have such sectors of economy which demand protection for the certain period, and it should find understanding from members of the WTO. The concept of a transition period completely corresponds to WTO rules.
- last two years the list of not co-ordinated positions does not change. Means, something should renounce?
- I do not consider that we have an auction by a principle “ you to us it, and you to us it “. Certainly, elements of such auction are. But it is not defining tactics. I the opponent of ideology “ a victim in advantage “. Who will make bold to kill aviation branch in favour of the space? We not in draughts play. You speak, the list does not change. Certainly, does not change. But the position on these branches changes. We take power. Originally before us put the requirement to change the price so that the internal prices for energy carriers would become equal to the export. At first there was no even a dialogue. Now speech already goes about that in the internal prices not to consider a transport component. That is there is a sensible position both at us, and at Europeans. The same in sector of services. I think that in this sector we presume to be in something very liberal. Telecommunications and the financial market, bank, insurance services Mean. It not a concession. Finally, requirements of Europeans about liberalisation of modes are in many respects fair.
- in September, 2003 at ministerial conference of the WTO in Cancun participants of this organisation plan to finish the rules for again joined countries. Should face what new requirements Russia?
is it will be possible to see after Cancun. But most the agriculture will be a sensitive issue at this conference. Developing countries will demand liberalisation and in trade in textiles is a kind of export traditional for them. Besides, it is a question that the WTO should extend the regulation to such new spheres, as movement of capitals and labour movement. However, I do not think that concerning labour movement there will be radical changes, as, however, and on other questions. So for negotiations about the introduction I do not expect the big complications.
- partners in negotiations predict Russia economic shocks if it it undertakes valid to fulfil all promises. On - to the present it is necessary to what branches hardly?
- I do not understand, about what shocks in general there can be a speech. The Russian economy and so it is already opened to all winds. Therefore accession to WTO hardly will lead to serious consequences. Try to name to me any foreign product which you wish to buy and be not able to do it? Only planes and cars. And that planes are successfully delivered on leasing. Thus the requirement of the Russian aircraft for civil planes is estimated all in 30 pieces in a year under the most favorable conditions. A problem of the Russian aircraft not in a competition to import. Problem in absence of the further strategy of development of an aviation market. In car industry other problem - quality. That is problems of the Russian sectors is not a problem of the introduction or nevstuplenija. These are problems internal, and they demand a certain state and public position according to which this or that sector should make efforts for own development. It either will revive, or will die. Yes, in Russia were slabokonkurentnye sectors, but they all have died for a long time. Recently I participated in public discussion concerning accession to WTO. I was objected actively by one lady - the factory manager of toys. And when discussion has ended, it has approached to me to say goodbye: “ Good-bye, successes “. I speak to it: “ be not afraid of accession to WTO, you will have a transition period “. And it in the answer: “ I also am not afraid, at me export to 30 countries “. At munitions factories people too have understood for a long time that to survive, it is necessary to do something. And who did nothing ten years, they already are not present. So now problem sectors is an aircraft, furniture, cars and agriculture for which development programs are required. And it is not so much for accession to WTO, how many that to itself to define a position on these branches. And so consequences from the introduction are obvious: export of goods will improve, the country rating will grow, interest rates under credits will fall, capitalisation of the enterprises will start to grow - there will be all possibilities for attraction of capitals.
- as then the desire of members RSPP to join the WTO will be co-ordinated and simultaneously to receive from the government tax and financial privileges which on behalf of RSPP Arcady Volsky has demanded recently?
- trustees RSPP can have different points of view. Usually on some question on bureau we take voting and then this position is a majority position. Under this letter we did not vote and in general it did not discuss. My position which, I believe, divides the majority of members of bureau, consists that the offer to revive 50 - a percentage privilege under the profit tax which can be applied at investments on kapstroitelstvo, it is necessary to support. It is an additional measure for attraction of investments. As to use of actives of the Central Bank for crediting of private corporations it is inadmissible.
- in the government again have remembered special economic zones. Their creation support Herman Gref, Ilya Klebanov, Boris Alyoshin. Against - Alexey Kudrin who already sees how in zones taxes will disappear. You for whom?
- I for anybody. Today it is very important to provide double economic growth about which the president spoke. Growth is incompatible with high tax loading. In separate regions in which rates of increase more low, than on the average on the country, special economic zones could become the tool of essential growth of investments. Certain privileges are necessary for start. But it is obvious that it is necessary not to restrain those who already works today, and not to create an opening of leaving from taxes. It already a problem of experts.
- but you should search for an opening of leaving from taxes?
- I will always search for any ways of optimisation of expenses within the limits of the law.