Direct speechJacob Urinson, the vice-president of board of the Russian Open Society “ UES of Russia “ in 1997 - 1998 the Minister of Economics:
- the Central Bank should supervise dynamics of monetary weight, and the Ministry of Finance - dynamics of expenses of the budget so that both that and another grew only moderately economic growth, expenses became covered only at the expense of regular incomes of the budget, instead of incidental. And the government should create a favorable investment climate then growing enterprise activity connects “ old “ and “ new “ money, constraining inflation.
Evgenie Yasin, the supervisor of studies of the Higher school of economy, in 1994 - 1996 the Minister of Economics:
- For inflation decrease it is necessary to promote strengthening of business activity and to stop to pursue business. Inflation is not only monetary factor, it depends on monetary demand and business activity. If inflow of oil money finds the offer, it increases business activity. At us on the contrary: incomes of oil industry workers grow, and business activity falls. The government counted that vegetables will fall in price, quotas on meat will decrease, but it is not enough of it.
Evgenie Saburov, the director of Institute of problems of investment, in 1991 the vice-president of the government of RSFSR:
- It is necessary to improve an investment climate. Money which we receive for oil, should be invested in manufacture. But who in senses at a present tax lawlessness it will do?
Michael Deljagin, the chairman of presidium of Institute of problems of globalisation, in 2002 - 2003 the adviser of premieres - the minister:
- to Struggle with inflation it is possible only through fight against corruption. Inflation is now caused not by economic problems, and greed of monopolists and growing pressure of power oligarchy. Lately the size of bribes in the country has grown in eight and a half times. And the basic burden of it lays down not on business shoulders, and on consumer shoulders.
Michael Zadornov, the president, the chairman of the board “ vneshtorgbank Retail services “ in 1997 - 1999 the Minister of Finance:
- to bring down inflation, it is necessary to make this problem a priority of a macroeconomic policy. And to satisfy three conditions: to freeze for a year tariffs of all without an exception of natural monopolies; the Central Bank should change the course policy and allow rouble to become stronger, differently the first will be senseless; all other steps of the government should be subordinated to performance of this problem.
Sergey Glazyev, the head of fraction “ the Native land “ in 1992 - 1993 the minister of foreign economic relations:
- a Primary factor raising inflation, - a rise in prices of monopolists. And actual absence at the state of an accurate antimonopoly policy and connivance of officials - inflation major factors. Instead of toughening of an antimonopoly policy and carrying out of some measures on decriminalization of the market the government tries to struggle with inflation by decrease in rates of increase of salaries of the population. But it not only cannibal, but also ineffective methods!
Michael Bernshtam, the professor of Stanford University, Reagan`s former economic adviser:
- In Russia of the Central Bank does not operate completely a monetary policy. From - that at you the competition is very low, the enterprises have too big power over a monetary policy. In the West the situation is directly opposite. And if the prices for energy carriers fall, Russia can appear on the verge of a default. An exit in rigid barbarous measures - each two months to write off non-payments. Thereby it will be possible to bridle the enterprises and not to allow them to raise the price.