Kunego has almost won “ Dzhiro “It seems that Dzhilberto Simoni can and not win present “ Dzhiro d`italia “. When he lost flat stages, nobody was surprised: Simoni - the expert in mountains which, as a rule, also define the winner. But race has already arrived to mountains, and backlog of Simoni from the leader of the general offset of Damiano Kunego whom, as well as Dzhilberto, supports Saeco, only increases.
till the end of race remains only two stages, and it will be possible to win back something only on the following, 19 - the m. 18 - j has won Kunego who has increased a separation in the general offset about three minutes. This very solid advantage. It seems that 22 - summer Kunego becomes one of the most young winners “ Dzhiro “.
Kunego has won sprint at height of 2000 metres above sea level and, naturally, has kept a pink vest of the leader. For 5000 metres to finish it has left from Dario David Chioni and Sergey Gonchara which as a result have lagged behind for six seconds.
Simoni finished the fourth with backlog in nine seconds. On last kilometres he tried to leave from pelotona, but attempt has failed. Runaway is not has gone right.
today race will pass on a heavy mountain stage, and here last stage will pass in Milan and there will be it, to put it mildly, very facilitated. So if Simoni wants to count on something, today it should to Kunego overtake necessarily.
1. Damiano Kunego (Italy, Saeco) 3:56,31
2. Dario David Chioni (Italy, Fassa Bortolo) +6 seconds
3. Sergey Gonchar (Ukraine, De Nardi) - the same time
4. Dzhilberto Simoni (Italy, Saeco) + 9 seconds
5. Hulio Peres Kuapio (Mexico, Ceramiche Panaria) + 17 seconds
6. Eddi Matstsoleni (Italy, Saeco) + 36 seconds
the General offset
1. Damiano Kunego (Italy) of 80 hours, 40 minutes, 26 seconds
2. Sergey Gonchar (Ukraine) + 1:31
3. Dzhilberto Simoni (Italy) + 3:07
4. Yaroslav Popovich (Ukraine) +3:23